News From Inspired Baskets


~ Keeping in touch and sharing the latest news from my store and from La Bella Baskets ~


Sunday, August 11, 2013

On The Way...

Wow, guys, we really did it... our first package is on its way to our first service member! It's only because of all of YOU that this is possible. There was a bit of a learning curve as I figured out how to send something to an APO address, but we have that worked out now :) I also discovered that the shipping is 23.95 to an APO (nearly double the mainland rate), so we will need to plan for that accordingly.

This time, we ordered the box "America The Beautiful", loaded with snacks and a book of inspiring patriotic stories. At the 20% discount, it's 39.99 plus the 23.95 shipping, which comes to $63.94. So far, we have received $45 through the fundraiser, so I chipped in the rest to cover for the shipping discrepancy. I really can't do that regularly! But I'm happy to do it when I can. This box is not normally in our Armed Forces category, so it may not be available to send to APOs after this. But I feel it's a perfect combination of treats and inspiration for a service member. I'm so excited to for him to receive it!



The package is going to Josh, a young, 20-year-old soldier who is single. Can you imagine how he will feel to receive something from back home, knowing we are behind him and thankful for his sacrifice? Here is the message we included:

"We are a group of everyday American people who want you to know how much we appreciate your sacrifice on our behalf. God bless and protect you every day. "

Now we need to work on our next box, and many more after that! We have the name of another service member already lined up...this next one is for Scott, a husband and father who is away from his family. Can you help me send him a treat and thank him for what he is doing to protect our families? I am so anxious to keep the ball rolling and to bring some encouragement to these troops. Please help me keep up the momentum! Many thanks, my friends. Here's the fundraiser link again: (click on the picture):


Don't forget, our candle give away comes up in a few days... I'm looking forward to one generous donor receiving a special thank you from me! Please be generous as you can. Every $5 donation gets you and entry into the candle drawing. Thank you again!


No comments:

Post a Comment